Sunday, October 23, 2005

Barcelona....The Mornings

Obviously with so many students and so many universities we couldn’t hope to reach them all in the two weeks we were there, so we focussed on two. In the mornings we met for worship, Bible study and training, together as a team. The Spanish students who could joined us as well, which was GREAT.

I loved the times we spent together in the mornings. I loved the fact that we could stand there and sing praises to God, singing the same song but each in our own language. It was a very special time and made met think of what heaven might be like.

And I loved being able to learn the Spanish words to a song I already know, and praise God in Spanish! And I loved learning Spanish songs!

I loved the fellowship. I loved the fact that, despite the language barrier (few of us spoke Spanish) we were able to communicate. We shared something special, we’re brothers and sisters in our Lord Jesus Christ. It’s so special to be in a country you’ve never been to before, with people you’ve known only a day, and feel completely and utterly at home. Thank you Lord!!

The training covered various things – from ‘Why we do mission?’ to ‘How to run an evangelistic Bible study’ to ‘Roman Catholicism’. All great.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home