Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Barcelona - 'Obrando Tu...'

The theme song for the mission was ‘Obrando Tu'. Its first two lines are “Obrando Tu, quien impedira?”, which (roughly) translated means “Working with you, who can stop us?” What a mission song! It was really catchy and I coz wanted to speak as much Spanish as I could I kept chanting it, learning a new line every day! Here it is (and, Spanish speakers, if I've got any of the translation wrong please tell me so i can edit it!)

Obrando Tu, quien impedira? (repeat x4)
Eres Senor, eres Dios de amor
(You are Lord, you are God of love)
Estas conmigo dondequiera este
(You are with me wherever I go)
Antes de Ti, ninguno se formo
(Before You, nothing was made)
Despues de Ti, ningun otro habra.
(And after You, there will be nothing)

What a song! And it struck me so much I incorporated it into a poem…

Obrando Tu, quien impedira?
When with you we walk
And of you we talk,
You bring light and hope
To our path.

Obrando Tu, quien impedira?
You show us the way
And guide day by day.
We’re weak,
But strong in Your power.

Obrando Tu, quien impedira?
Death is defeated
There’s no end to Life.
Impossible? No!
All things with You.

Lord help us remember
And live in this truth –
Obrando Tu
Quien impedira?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home